This core EQ HR Center workshop is an intensive four or five-day session designed to enable participants to learn about, build and practice emotional intelligence skills in a small group setting. Skilled facilitators provide tools and feedback to enable participants to learn about themselves and to immediately practice emerging skills. As group life unfolds, participants give and receive feedback regarding the impact they have on others in the group. Participants will learn both inter-personal and intra-group communication skills.
The content of the workshop revolves around the twelve competencies that differentiate outstanding from average performers. These twelve competencies cover four distinct areas of ability They are:
- Self-awareness-Recognizing and understanding our own emotions.
- Self-management-Effectively managing our own emotions.
- Social Awareness-Recognizing and understanding the emotions of others.
- Relationship Management-Applying our emotional understanding in our dealings with others.
As part of this core event, workshop participants complete a comprehensive emotional and social competency inventory (ESCI) self-assessment of their emotional intelligence. They also identify up to 20 people (manager(s), direct reports, peers, clients, family and friends) who know them well and are willing to complete the same assessment in order to provide valuable feedback. What results is a detailed report of one’s Emotional Intelligence strengths and development needs. This will be for the participant’s eyes only and will provide possible personal items to be explored in one’s small group.
Note: This program requires participants to be fully present for all segments including plenary sessions, HR learning groups and evening sessions. In addition, even though we offer a commuter option, t is recommended that participants consider utilizing available lodging for this event.
EQ-HR Five-Day Schedule:
- This workshop begins at 2 PM on Monday and ends 12:30 p.m. with lunch on Friday
- All Evening sessions typically go to 9 p.m.
Note: This program requires participants to be fully present for all segments including learning groups and evening sessions. In addition, it is recommended that all participants consider utilizing available lodging for this event.
- What are the expected outcomes of the EQ-HR 5-day Workshop?
- What is the ESCI 360 Survey
- Read more about Experiential Learning and HR Learning Groups.
- View a general five-day workshop schedule.
- .Read more about emotional intelligence on Our Blogs page.
- Read what past participants have said about our workshops on the Testimonials page.
- Find an Upcoming Workshop
- Go to our Events Registration Page
- Go back to Our Workshops.
- Contact the Center